Inflation continues to pose a significant challenge for businesses, as customers become laser focused on securing discounts, favourable payment terms, and supply chain flexibility. During sales negotiations, the way in which a salesperson responds to customer requests for concessions plays a pivotal role in the entire negotiation process, with a disproportionate impact on profit margins.
Recognising the criticality of effective sales negotiation skills, Imparta, a global leader in performance improvement for customer-facing teams, has launched a new on-demand webinar, "Sales Negotiation: How to Win in 2023,".
The webinar features Richard Barkey, Founder and CEO of Imparta, alongside Jonas Olsson, a seasoned expert in procurement who formerly served as Chief Purchase Officer (CPO) with responsibility for an annual spend of €2Bn and 150 buyers.
During the webinar, participants indicated that poor sales negotiation led to an average of more than 5% of price being left on the table. That means a company with a 10% net profit margin could improve profits by 50% just through improved negotiation skills.
The webinar covers a range of vital topics, providing invaluable knowledge and practical guidance around:
- The 8 types of sales negotiators, and which types you definitely don’t want to be.
- Understanding Procurement: who they are, and what they really care about.
- Capturing Value: The zone of potential agreement in a negotiation, the vital importance of the alternatives available to each party, and how to tip the balance in your favour, especially when asking for price increases.
- Creating Value: How to mine for negotiation interests and trade Gives and Gets to create value for both sides.
- Understanding, anticipating and disarming the 5 most powerful techniques that Procurement teams use to extract discounts.
- How to build and maintain a comprehensive sales negotiation capability across the whole team.
The webinar is a rare opportunity to learn from industry thought leaders and gain practical insights that can immediately be implemented in your sales organisation. Whether you are a sales leader, manager, or professional, this webinar is crucial for those seeking to achieve superior results and drive growth in 2023.
The on-demand session is now available on the Imparta website, and interested participants can access it by visiting the following link: https://imparta.com/resources/negotiations-webinar/.