StoryTagger shares why every L&D team needs a storytelling strategy
Video storytelling expert, Carl Hodler, CCO at StoryTagger, will present a knowledge-sharing session at Learning Technologies London on the real work stories L&D needs to capture to increase engagement, learning transfer and impact.
Recent Fosway, RedThread and Elucidat research reports how L&D teams are not achieving the right impact in their organisations due in part to increased demand. Democratising learning with user-generated content approaches is now recognised as a core tactic to solve this challenge. But, with overload already an issue, creating more content in itself isn’t the answer. From onboarding to learning culture to behavioural compliance, the vital missing ingredient is context, why things matter and organisation-specific examples.
Carl Hodler says, “Every team needs a way of unlocking real experiences, tacit knowledge, passion, advocacy and insights from the workspace and our heads, into digital, in a way that inspires trust, human connection and applied learning. To solve the current challenges facing L&D, we need to democratise, scale and prioritise storytelling.”
This session represents 20 years of insights and real-world practice designing impactful employee-generated learning experiences in industries as diverse as finance, energy and hospitality.
The event will take place on Wednesday, May 3rd at ExCeL London. Details of the speaker session are below.
- Topic: Context not just content - how to create impact with UGC video
- When: Wednesday, May 3rd from 11.00 - 11.30 in Theatre 1.
- Session in brief: Storytelling continues to be central to how we learn, thrive and connect at work. In fast-changing, complex workplaces, sharing real stories by real people is more vital than ever.
Creating impact goes way beyond content. It’s about learning culture, value, relatability, community and context. With AI transforming how we work and learn, how can L&D also use technology to build human connection, trigger action and change behaviour?
Join Carl Hodler in Theatre 1 at 11am to find out how you can scale storytelling to improve and humanise learning:
- Why UGC video is a powerful, cost effective way to add context and show value
- The stories making the most impact across the learner journey
- Proven tactics for curating high value UGC video
Register for LT23UK and check out the full event program or get in touch with StoryTagger to talk about implementing employee-generated learning experiences.