Digital skills gaps, upskilling to help keep employees up to date and engaged, and the need for learning that fits into the flow of work; all hot topics in the contemporary learning and development space. Fortunately, Sponge's skills content library has been refreshed to provide learners with a memorable, engaging, and cohesive learning experience. Skill Pills by Sponge is a content library consisting of microlearning modules that are purpose built to provide targeted digital upskilling in key areas.
Skill Pills are designed to provide digital upskilling that fits into the flow of work, allowing employees to boost their knowledge and engagement without taking large chunks of time out of their workday. The skills library of over 400 off-the-shelf microlearning courses has been revamped to ensure:
- Consistency and simplicity across the entire library.
- A contemporary look and feel to the UI interface.
- New animated video styles and illustrated characters.
All of which has been designed by Sponge’s in-house experts, ensuring that Skill Pills provide digital upskilling that sticks.
Created by experts to capture learner’s attention, Skill Pills use learning science principles to keep upskilling interesting and interactive. The Skill Pill journey is clear and comprehensive for learners:
- Watch. Each Skill Pill starts with a short video animation that has been optimised for learner engagement and designed with learning in mind to follow a clear, instructional approach.
- Think. Active knowledge checks follow on from animations to allow learners to encode and consolidate what they have learnt. These opportunities to apply knowledge are principle driven, designed to meet key learning outcomes.
- Do. The final step in the Skill Pills journey prompts learners to take action. What this looks like will vary depending on the content but the goal is always to bridge the gap between online experience and applying learning to our day-to-day.
Check out the updated Skills Library.
Coming soon: The Cyber Security Bundle, our brand new 8-part series launching this month
Keep your eyes peeled for our brand-new Cyber Security bundle featuring the essential training your workforce needs to protect against cyber security crimes. Avoid becoming a target, empower your people to make informed and secure decisions when handling company data. The bundle is the first of its kind in the illustrated video style.
Stay tuned for more upskilling content to follow.