A report by Global Market Insights has the mobile learning market expanding significantly over the next few years, driven by the growth and reliance on mobile devices, by an expanding elearning content provider sector and by technological advancements.
Mobile Learning Market size surpassed USD 20 billion in 2019 and is poised to grow at 13% CAGR between 2020 and 2026 to reach $55 Bn. The market growth is attributed to high penetration of mobile devices globally and availability of a wide range of cost-effective portable gadgets.
The report segments the market by type of solution into mobile enablement, assessments, mobile and video-based courseware, portable learning management systems, e-books and others, and by organisation type into academic, corporate and government. The data covers 21 countries from across APAC, Europe, MEA, North America and South America.
The report lists growth drivers as:
- Improvement in network connectivity across the globe
- Proliferation of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices
- Government initiatives and investment towards digital education system
- Corporate focus on BYOD model to optimize operational expenses
- Increase in number of E-books and rise in content digitization
- Higher education institutes are implementing mobile learning solutions in their system
And pitfalls and challenges as:
- Lack of peer to peer interaction
- Unavailability of reliable supporting infrastructure
- Adaptability issues
- High mobile data costs
The report is available from Global Market Insights: Mobile Learning Market report.