The Skillcast WFH Insights Survey May 2020 presented 1,983 employees, confirmed as working from home all or most of the time, with a selection of upsides and downsides of working from home and asked them to identify those that applied to them personally.
Whilst all the age groups seemed to agree over the upsides, they had widely different views of the downsides. Millennials (aged under 35 years) reported far more downsides working from home more than older age groups.
Positives: All ages felt experience similar benefits:
- Working from home is liberating (48%)
- Working from home is less stressful than working in a workplace (38%)
- Working from home is more productive without the usual workplace interruptions (33%)
Negatives: And all ages suffered the same frustrations:
- Miss socialising with my colleagues (55%)
- Miss the routine of working in a workplace (39%)
- Harder to manage a work-life balance than it is when at the workplace (38%)
- Working from home can make me feel anxious, because I never know what my boss/company expects from me (18%)
Visit https://www.skillcast.com/blog/working-from-home-ups-downs for more details.