The Learning Technologies Summer Forum comprises is a thought-leadership conference and an exhibition of commercial learning suppliers. It attracts 1,500 L&D professionals.
The event and is billed as a follow up to the larger Learning Technologies conference earlier in the year and took place in London in June 2018.
Learning News was there to capture the moment and interviewed a number of leaders from across the learning industry to find out how customers' demands were evolving and what they felt were the priorities for the learning sector.
Key themes discussed included artificial intelligence in learning and using AI to curate and create content, the move to micro- and mobile-learning, shifting from centrally pushed learning to performance support and learning in the workflow, workforce engagement, learning campaigns and learning impact, user experiences of learning systems and technologies, learning as a strategic business enabler, building a learning culture, thinking beyond departmental silos to focus on the learner, measuring learning's effectiveness and ROI, embracing digital transformation and innovative technologies and agility.
The learning leaders interviewed by Learning News were:
- Alex Mackman, Technical Director, Agylia
- Chris Littlewood, Chief Innovation and Product Offier, Filtered
- Donald Clark, Edtech entrepreneur and blogger
- Donald Taylor, Chair, Learning Technologies Conference
- David Perring, Director of Research, Fosway Group
- Duncan Shores, Chief Commercial Officer, Learning Pool
- Fiona Leteney, Senior Analyst, Fosway Group
- Lars Hyland, Chief Learning Officer, Totara Learning
- Laura Overton, CEO and Founder, Towards Maturity
- Nicola Amiss, Chief Commercial Officer, Imparta
- Nigel Paine, Author and presenter on learning and leadership
- Owen Rose, Managing Partner, Acteon Communication and Learning
- Sophie Thornton, Learning Technology Manager, Virtual College