Developed in partnership with PLG, the MOOC is free to enroll and starts February 2nd. Participants should expect to spend an hour or two per week, for four weeks, interacting with content and other users in what promises to be a highly social experience in its own regard.
Sam Burrough and Martin Couzins of PLG explained more about the experience they will be guiding over the coming weeks. “Arguably the most useful thing L&D can do is to help people develop the skills they need to solve complex, ambiguous problems. This is where Social Learning thrives, where there are no easy answers. But, despite years of commentary, very few L&D professionals use Social Learning strategies to solve their most complex challenges”.
Exploring Social Learning will cover a range of topics, including:
- The benefits of a Social Learning strategy in a complex world
- Designing Social Learning experiences
- The challenges of running a Social Learning experience
- Showing value from Social Learning
- Social Learning and Learning Analytics
Facilitated using the Curatr Social Learning platform, the MOOC will give participants a chance to play with some of the latest features of the platform, including:
- A brand new user interface, the 'Playlist' view, which allows users to explore content level-by-level with a simplified user interface
- A new real-time chat module, integrated with Twitter to stream relevant hashtags directly into the MOOC, including the course hashtag #exploresocial
- A completely new user profile module, powered by the Learning Locker LRS and LinkedIn, allowing users to take ownership of their learning data.
Those particularly taken with the MOOC may wish to take advantage of HT2’s unique match-funding competition. The competition allows successful entrants to win up to €10,000 in match-funding to design, develop and deploy a Social Learning initiative.
Find out more and get involved
More information and enrollment is available at http://www.curatr3.com/, or by visiting HT2 on Stand 125 at the Learning Technologies exhibition, 28th and 29th January. MOOC facilitators Sam & Martin will be on hand to answer questions and get the conversation started ahead of the experience opening, Feb 2nd. Those with a Social Learning point of view to share at Learning Technologies, are encouraged to seek out Sam and Martin on Twitter (@burrough @martincouzins) or on the HT2 stand.
Curatr is the Social Learning platform for business. Curatr enables organisations to create and deliver learning experiences in a unique social environment. Clients include Xerox, Barclays, TES Global, Shell, Villeroy & Boch and the European Safety Bureau. Curatr is available to try for free by joining one of its Massive Open Online Courses at http://www.curatr3.com. Curatr will be exhibiting at the Learning Technologies conference, 2015, stand 125.