Based in the Australian capital of Melbourne, the Learnx Impact Awards recognise and reward individuals, teams and organisations who have used learning and supporting technologies to deliver value and significantly impact employee performance and business results.
LafargeHolcim is a global building materials and aggregates company, operating for more than a century. Its Australian and New Zealand operations cover the entire continent and employ 3,000 people.
Faced with changing market conditions, they needed to invest in a comprehensive training programme to stay ahead of the competition. They decided to implement a certified learning programme to ensure the training was of a high standard.
They also licensed Growth Engineering’s library of sales training content, all accredited by the Institute of Sales and Marketing Management. Completing this earns learners internationally recognised sales qualifications.
The programme is delivered through a five-stage blended approach:
- Online learning – Each online course takes roughly 90 minutes to complete.
- Applying learning on-the-job – Real-world application of learning is recorded as case studies.
- Face-to-face workshop – Work is prepared for the workshop, where learners share expertise and contextualise learning for on-the-job application.
- Written assignment – This takes the form of a report or presentation written and uploaded to the Academy.
- Accreditation – If the assignment reaches the ISMM’s standards, the learner passes the unit. Each completed unit earns an award, four units earn a certificate, and eight units earn a diploma.
Since launching the programme, LafargeHolcim has seen its sales performance accelerating all across its business. The 170 learners on the programme have earned more than 350 ISMM Awards, as well as 60 full ISMM Certificates in Sales and Marketing.
Juliette Denny, Managing Director of Growth Engineering, said: “Being able to deliver sales qualifications on such an unprecedented scale, and on the other side of the planet, is just such a joy! The guys at LafargeHolcim work incredibly hard, so this award is just the perfect recognition for them!”
To download a full case study of LafargeHolcim’s training programme, click here.