The survey was conducted via Twitter at the London Olympia event, during a live panel session hosted by Brightwave which explored the effects of personalisation application on learning in the workplace.
Other findings from the survey included:
- 36% of respondents found that existing skills within their organisation was a barrier to personalisation adoption
- 41% of respondents identified interactive video as the most effective technique in tailoring learning content
- 46% of respondents felt that establishing effective data analytics and diagnostics was the greatest challenge for making personalised learning work within their organisation
- 36% of respondents found adaptive technology was a required investment for effective personalised learning
- other identified barriers to personalisation adoption included ‘discovery and exploration of new skills’ and an organisational ‘fear of change’.
Caroline Walmsley, Managing Director of Brightwave Group, said:
"At Brightwave we're witnessing the increasing importance of personalisation for our clients in their learning strategies. As reflected in the results of this poll there are challenges to overcome within an organisation to be able to attain the benefits which personalisation offers, such as greater levels of employee engagement. Working with an experienced partner who can help to identify and build solutions to these challenges is vital for smart organisations."
Brightwave will be producing and sharing more insights and content regarding Learning Technologies and the impact of personalised learning over coming weeks, which can be found here.