MUNICH (January 25, 2019) – Speexx, the first intelligent language-learning platform for the digital workplace, will be exhibiting at the Learning Technologies conference on February 13 and 14, 2019, at ExCel, London.
Visitors to the show will also be able to hear Mehdi Tounsi, VP of Global Alliances at Speexx, discuss how organizations can address cultural diversity, improve communications within global operations, and develop learning programs to enhance workforce mobility. He’ll be presenting “Getting the most out of microlearning: How to build an engaging learning experience for your learners and provide them with the perfect blend between micro- and macro-learning” twice during the conference:
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 / 12:30 PM in Theater 9
- Thursday, February 14, 2019 / 1:15 PM in Theater 10
Speexx will also be sharing the results from its Speexx Exchange annual survey, now in its eighth year. The survey shows that HR and L&D professionals seek a renewed focus on employee retention and upskilling staff. When asked what topics will be important to L&D professionals in 2019, four key themes emerged:
- Mobile learning continues to be a priority. Nearly a third (29%) of respondents said that “digital and mobile content and delivery” is top of mind in their organizations. This focus mirrors the recent trend of companies working to create and enable more remote and dispersed workforces.
- Learning platforms and approaches should be focused on the learner. Interest in mobile learning was closely followed by mentions of the requirement to “balance learner-centric against content-oriented training” (19% of respondents). This reflects an increasing acceptance of the need to deliver personalized, customizable learning to individuals.
- Business and HR need to align on goals. HR and learning professionals have been lobbying for a strategic role within their companies for a long time, and the discrepancy between L&D goals and a company’s bottom line continues to be an issue. Thirteen percent of respondents want to see “C-suite, HR and L&D work together better to align goals” in 2019.
- Communication skills need improvement. Just over one in 10 (11%) of respondents were looking to “emphasize communication skills” in 2019. This comes in the form of soft skills, such as language skills, feedback delivery, time management and leadership skills – all of which are becoming more crucial in order to maintain an effective and safe work environment, as well as allow for better cross-cultural communication as companies expand and cross borders in this increasingly globalized world.
“It’s too easy to overlook the importance of human factors in this era of digital transformation,” says Armin Hopp, Founder and President at Speexx. “This year, it’s critical that organizations align workforce development with business objectives to secure business success and stability in an uncertain world. As remote and mobile work become integral to modern business, so will remote and mobile learning. The increased prevalence of working across borders will continue to drive a demand for strong communication, talent mobility, staff retention, and greater collaboration. This is turn increases the need to amplify a standard business language in a global setting.”
The Speexx whitepaper, with full global results, as well as insights into how HR professionals can harness the power of design thinking in the L&D landscape, will be available for free at stand H18.
Notes to editor:
The Speexx Exchange annual survey, now in its eighth year, was conducted among more than one thousand HR and learning professionals across UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy and China between September – November 2018.
About Mehdi Tounsi, VP of Global Alliances at Speexx
With over 20 years’ experience in the learning industry, Mehdi has successfully implemented learning and talent management strategies for various industries, including content providers and LMS platform specialists. Mehdi assists global organizations in meeting the challenges linked to cultural diversity, improving communications within global operations and developing learning programs to enhance workforce mobility. A seasoned traveler and passionate linguist, Mehdi has held different international positions in Australia, Africa, the US and now London, where he oversees Speexx Global Alliances.
About Speexx – empowering communication
Speexx is the first intelligent language learning platform for the digital workplace. For international corporations and a global workforce, Speexx is the only language platform that combines assessment, learning and continuous performance support. Unlike traditional training providers Speexx helps to assess, build, grow and maintain the language skills that matter.
Speexx integrates online business communication skills assessment, mobile and social learning, 1,500 expert coaches located throughout the world and personalized live online activities into one fully standardized, globally consistent learning experience. More than 8 million users in 1,500 organizations – including UNHCR, Adecco, Generali, Renault and UBS – use Speexx to learn a language smarter and deliver results on time.
Speexx was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Munich with offices in London, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Sao Paulo, New York and Shanghai.
For more information, visit www.speexx.com
Sarah Sullivan, Head of Digital Content and Communications
T +49 89 74 74 82 46