OEB announces today the highly-anticipated agenda for OEB 2023, taking place in Berlin from November 22-24. This marks the 29th edition of the seminal conference that serves as a melting pot for cross-industry experts, thought leaders, and visionaries in the realm of digital learning and training.
This year's theme, “The Learning Futures We Choose,” delves deep into pressing questions at the heart of digital education. Will humanity harness technology to design its learning future, or be led into a dystopian world where Big Tech calls the shots? The conference aims to unravel the complexities of technological advances and their ethical implications on future learning.
Featuring an extraordinary line-up of keynote speakers, the event promises to ignite discussions that address pivotal questions: Who will control the future of learning? Can technology empower us to redefine the future of education, or will it chain us to a path determined by data and AI?
Astrid Jaeger, OEB Event Director, commented, “As we navigate through the turbulence of technological revolution, OEB 2023 aims to be the epicenter for thought-provoking dialogue. We want to explore how we, as global citizens, can seize the reins of technological change to co-create a future of learning — a future designed by humans, for humans.”
OEB 2023 invites participants from academia, industry, and government sectors to join in shaping the future narrative of digital education and training.
OEB PRE-CONFERENCE DAY: 22 NOVEMBER
In a range of pre-conference workshops participants have the opportunity to experience in more detail and hands-on the following topics.
- Speexx Exchange 2023 – The digital learning event for HR and L&D
- What We Should Learn from TikToks: A Workshop About Microvideos
- Build or Buy - Understanding Outsourcing Support for Online Programs to Make Good Decisions
- "UDL for You": Why Universal Design for Learning is Needed Now More than Ever - Four Best Practices
- Thinking Bigger and Broader: Specifying a Curriculum Design Competency for L&D Professionals
- EnABLing Team-Based Approached to Learning Design
- The Blended Learning Design Game
- Visioning Learning Futures Together
- Heroes 2.0: Lessons and Data to Share in the Creation and Implementation of Open Educational Resources
- DistancE-Learning in Europe – Exchange of Experience and Knowledge Sharing: Use of Data in Education
- E-tivities for Impact: Enhancing Learning Through Active Participation
- Take your Credentials to the Next Level - Build a European Digital Credential for Learning
- Immerse in Your Own CBL Design Using an Interactive Step by Step Tool
- The Art of Crafting Educational Videos
- How to Advocate for Human Skills in an AI Driven World: Gaps in University Career Education
- Practical AI: Using and Implementing AI for Learning in the Workplace
- Learning in an Immersive Online Multiplayer 3D/VR Environment
Places for these are purposefully limited, so register today to secure a place.
OEB CONFERENCE: 23, 24 NOVEMBER
Over 120 conference sessions led by Edech visionaries and expert practitioners in digital learning across nine conference themes:
- Human Skills Versus Automated Skills
If machines replace what students are supposed to learn at university, what is the role of universities? If machines can do what white-collar workers in the knowledge, creative, and engineering industries are paid to do, what tasks are left for human workers?
- Revisiting the Constellation and Impact of Learning Design
What does a Learning Designer actually do and how does the role compare with the role of a Learning Technologist or a Learning Engineer? What does a well designed course look like? And how can we analyse the impact of a course in terms of the long-term growth of a course taker?
- Sustainable L&D and Digital Transformation for All
How can we upskill our employees and align it with our business goals? How can we reskill the unemployed and create a lasting impact on our economy? How can universities best transition to e-learning to fulfil their mandate to equip students with future-ready skills?
- Harnessing Data to Unlock Learning
How can we keep up with all the powerful technologies behind the data that have become more sophisticated in recent years? How can we better use data to track performance, provide feedback, make adjustments, evaluate, and show stakeholders the value of your work?
- Redesigning Assessment and Credentials As We Know It
How do we mitigate the risk of cheating in online assessments? How can we develop new ways of assessment that can be scaled easily? What about new ways in which learners can show proof of their capabilities?
- Unlocking Learning Potential with Strategic Cross-Over Collaborations
How can companies embed more university courses into their training programmes? What can universities learn from corporate learning organisations about responding more quickly to changes? How can both universities and businesses better help governments to upskill and reskill the workforce?
- Exploring the Ever-Widening Landscape of Learning Technologies
How can learning professionals be guided in choosing the right tool for their needs? How can they discover and master the latest innovations?
- Learning Goes Green
What can the learning industry do to help stop climate change? How big is the ecological footprint not only of our physical learning spaces, but also and especially of our virtual learning spaces? And what about the content we deliver?
- Understanding the Impact of War and Crisis on Learning
War means displacement: How can distance learning help prevent refugee learning loss? Who does what in terms of quality, quantity and access (in different languages and environments)? And as living costs increase - what is the cost of learning? Who is losing customers and learners - and who is gaining - and why?
The OEB 2023 Conference features world-class keynote speakers and proven experts. The full listing of speakers and conference sessions is now available via the website, OEB 2023 Conference Agenda, along with OEB 2023 Conference Ticket purchases.
EXHIBITION: A networking hub at the heart of the event
OEB features an exhibition of new products and solutions: Over 100 leading international learning solution providers highlight the latest innovations in digital learning and EdTech in an extensive, free-to-attend exhibition area.