Jay Hounsell, HFRS Station Manager, found that classroom training was sometimes difficult to run in this environment so using Learning Pool gives HFRS firefighters tailored training online at a time that suits them and their daily routine.
“E-learning fits into the Personal Development Plan of every Hertfordshire firefighter”, explained Jay.
By adopting Learning Pool’s Dynamic Learning Environment, the lengthy and costly process of assessments being ‘marked’ by instructors has been removed and learners can receive their marks instantly upon course completion
Using Learning Pool’s platform, HFRS hosts a total 66 assessments that have facilitated over 6,000 online completions by their firefighters.Over £7,100 has been saved in the Crew Commander Assessment—a saving of over £224 per firefighter in this one assessment.
By providing images, demonstration videos and audio in the training Jay is bringing the learning to life and simulating real situations that firefighters will have to deal with. Learning Pool enables HFRS to:
- Save time by delivering the training more quickly than he could with a traditional classroom approach
- Save money by eliminating the need for assessor marking, booking training rooms, and taking firefighters out of work during their shifts
- Achieve consistency by delivering the same training and assessment to everyone who takes the course
- Ensure compliance by reporting in real time as firefighters complete the learning
- Make the learning more accessible to his audience in and around demanding shifts
- Update the learning easily and cost effectively as new equipment is used and legislation changes
HFRS are conducting their life saving work in a challenging financial climate and are including Learning Pool in their plan to deliver savings.