According to a survey from the Food Standards Agency, up to 4.2 million people suffer from food poisoning contracted outside the home every year in the UK. It is commonly believed that one of the best ways of combatting food poisoning is through the education of the people who prepare, cook or handle food as part of their job.
EssentialSkillz has released a new CIEH (Chartered Institute of Environmental Health) Assured Level 2 Food Safety eLearning course which follows the CIEH syllabus for level 2. The course is 90 minutes in duration and covers:
- What food safety and hygiene is and why it is important
- Responsibilities under food safety law
- The causes of food contamination and how to prevent it
- Causes, dangers and symptoms of food poisoning
- Maintaining a high level of personal cleanliness
- The importance of cleaning and pest control
"The release of this new course is a milestone for EssentialSkillz", commented Julian Roberts, Managing Director. "It is the first in a range of new eLearning courses that provide a higher level of training for our clients", he added.
EssentialSkillz is offering a free trial of the course for companies interesting in seeing how the course works: http://www.essentialskillz.com/free-trial-e-learning.