- Six new categories including: best financial services campaign and best FMCG/retail campaign
- New headline sponsor, design agency Orange Bus
- Winner of ‘The Pitch’ CIM’s student competition to be honoured at the event
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) announced today that the CIM Marketing Excellence Awards 2020 are now open for entries. The awards recognise and reward brilliance in the field of marketing, celebrating the finest minds within the profession. 2019 winners included Britvic, Natwest and Southeastern.
New for 2020 are six new industry sector categories awarding outstanding marketing by organisations, teams and individuals who are at the cutting-edge of their profession.
To mark the awards’ eleventh anniversary, the event will be held for the first time at The Brewery - in the City of London, the original Georgian brewhouse of Whitbread. The grade II listed building has been at the heart of entertainment in London since the era of Lords Nelson and Byron.
The Marketing Excellence Awards 2020 will also see the winning team from the finalists of CIM’s student competition, The Pitch, which is sponsored by Lidl, presented with the ‘Marketers of the Future’ award.
Discussing the launch of the awards, Chris Daly, chief executive of CIM, said: “For over a decade, the Marketing Excellence Awards have recognised and rewarded brilliance in the field of marketing, celebrating the finest talent within our profession. On the 2nd of April 2020, over 600 professionals from across the field of marketing will gather to find out who will be crowned the best-of-the-best in their field of marketing. Good luck to everyone who enters, I am sure you will all enjoy this evening of celebration.”
Dr Steve Lake, Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment at the University of South Wales, 2019 winner of Best Integrated Campaign – Large said: "The CIM Marketing Excellence Awards are the gold standard for the industry – not just higher education – and winning Best Integrated Campaign is a remarkable achievement, recognising the professionalism and creativity of our marketing team and agency partners."
Lorraine Westwood, 2019 winner of Marketer of the Year said: "I am absolutely stunned and delighted to have won this award. I am passionate about marketing and have been fortunate to work with amazing teams, past and present, who should also take credit. This is a fantastic sector and I hope that, together with the CIM, I can in some small way, inspire others."
This year’s headline sponsor is product and service design agency, Orange Bus. Discussing the awards, James Hall, CEO of Orange Bus said: "As leaders in service and experience design, many of our most successful projects have been delivered in collaboration with senior marketers. We think that's because marketing teams understand the role of service design in helping their organisations be more customer-focused, more digitally confident, and better able to deliver large scale transformation projects. We're delighted to be headline sponsors of this year's CIM Marketing Excellence Awards, as it will hopefully enable us to foster deeper relationships with senior marketers who share our belief that human-centric organisations perform better than their competitors. Good luck to everyone entering the awards, and we look forward to celebrating with you on the night."
This year’s categories include:
- Best Advertising Campaign
- Best Brand Building Campaign
- Best Content Marketing Campaign
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility
- Best Customer Experience
- Best Innovative New Product/Service
- Best Integrated Campaign
- Best Partnership Campaign
- Best use of Data and Insight
- Best use of Digital Marketing
- Best use of PR
- Best use of Social Media
- Agency of the Year
- Marketing Campaign of the Year
- Marketer of the Year – FOC category
- Marketing Team of the Year (client side)
- Best Automotive Campaign (new)
- Best Education Campaign (new)
- Best Financial Services Campaign (new)
- Best FMCG/Retail Campaign (new)
- Best Healthcare/Pharmaceutical Campaign (new)
- Best Not for profit/Charity/Social Marketing Campaign (new)
- Marketers of the Future (The Pitch)
Any organisation, individual, team or agency within the UK, regardless of size, sector or industry, is eligible to enter their marketing campaign for the awards. Finalists will be announced on the 8th January 2020 on the website and by email.
To find our more, visit: https://www.cim.co.uk/marketing-excellence-awards/
Other leading organisations sponsoring categories at the event include: Clip Ltd, Flashmat, Miappi, Resource, Hawthorn and Stopgap.
For media enquiries
For further information please contact the Chartered Institute of Marketing press office:
CIM Head of PR and External Engagement
The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) is the world’s professional body for marketing. CIM’s mission is create marketing advantage for the benefit of professionals, business and society with a focus on export, data and skills. It believes marketing is the critical factor in driving long term organisational performance.
CIM provides members and organisations with five key benefits:
- Partnership – CIM is a professional and organisational partner to support performance and career development
- Education – CIM allows individuals and businesses to continuously upskill
- Information – CIM keeps members up to date with the latest marketing thinking, and keeps organisations at the forefront of practices
- Connection – CIM provides access to services, expertise and peers
- Recognition – CIM is the global benchmark of professional competence
For more than 100 years, CIM has supported, represented and developed marketers, teams, and leaders across the profession. There are 130 CIM study centres in 36 countries and exam centres in 132 countries worldwide. In the last year, over 7,500 people registered at over 230 UK CIM events.
Find out more about CIM by visiting www.cim.co.uk.