Based out of Nottingham, Thrive Learning comprises of over 25 bright, creative and experienced learning technologies minds. Combining over 40 years’ of collective industry experience, the team have been hard at work to build and deliver the next-generation of learning management systems: the Learning Experience Platform. This system will be formally unveiled at the exhibition next week.
More than just an LMS
Having extensive experience with more traditional learning management systems, the team at Thrive recognised the difficulties many are having with the LMS; these days, it can’t always meet the needs of modern learner expectations. The learner experience is often clunky, siloed and unable to deliver what a learner needs, when they need it.
Undertaking extensive research with OnePoll last year around learner sentiment, the team at Thrive discovered that employee engagement is extremely low, as is trust and positive sentiment towards the business as a whole, endemically across all age ranges. Thrive also discovered that apathy was high and many learners just cannot find learning at the point of need. The problems both business and employee are experiencing are real and causing legitimate issues for L&D. And so the LXP was born.
A new wave of learning
Taking many of the great and necessary elements of a learning management system (such as learning pathways, completions, certification etc) and combining them with more modern features such as social learning, personalisation, xAPI, machine learning, data and rewards and recognition, Thrive’s Learning Experience Platform connects people to people and people to content, all in an easy-to-use interface.
Some of the key features the Thrive LXP offers include:
- Personalisation: Unique experiences for every single learner
- Automation: Auto-curation, auto-onboarding and more
- Machine learning: Getting smarter the more it’s used to provide consistently relevant, timely interactions with learners
- Data analytics: Every single interaction is tracked in Thrive and delivered in easy-to-understand dashboards. Better data = better learning
- Social learning: Encourage peer-to-peer learning through user-generated content, sharing, comments, likes and more
- Campaigns: Helping L&D to drive wider engagement with pre-set, editable campaign templates
- Rewards and recognition: Meaningful gamification keeps learners connected and engaged
- + Everything expected from an LMS
This brand new platform boasts a range of modern features and an exceptional user interface and user experience to deliver real opportunities for organisations to start shifting their learning cultures.
Mark Ward, Chief Technology Officer at Thrive said:
“Our team has extensive historical experience with more academic, traditionally formatted learning management systems and knew that these must be evolved in order to remain relevant to discerning, modern learners.”
“We felt that creating a completely new platform from scratch was a much more holistic way to develop something which truly meets the needs of both learner and organisation. I believe we have created a truly game-changing learner experience with our LXP and I cannot wait to share it with the attendees of LT19.”
The Thrive team will be showcasing this brand new platform on Stand F30 at Learning Technologies 2019 and encourage attendees to join them to explore the potential of a new learning system to help drive change in the hearts and minds of their learners.