10 January 2023, UK, The LPI (Learning and Performance Institute), the global body for workplace learning, launches a refreshed membership experience from today - a symbol of its continuing commitment to support L&D professionals globally.
Many learning professionals expect a tough year ahead with economic uncertainty, changing work practices, and disruptive new technology adding extra challenges to an already complex post-COVID business landscape. L&D is looking to organisations like the LPI to provide support and guidance, giving them a greater sense of control.
Ed Monk, Chief Executive Officer, LPI said, "Our team has looked hard at what our members value and what we don’t offer that we perhaps should. What changes could we make to improve the joining process? What benefits and tools do learning professionals truly desire? How can we lay new groundwork upon which to build a 'slicker' and more modern membership service?"
The resulting changes deliver a series of new benefits and experiences for LPI members:
- LPiLEARN: Every member now gets automatic access to the LPI's digital 'academy' for L&D. With a huge repository of practical resources, videos, case studies and in-built certifications, LPiLEARN is the go-to platform for LPI members to quickly upskill to meet the needs of the modern L&D function.
- New benefit partnerships: the LPI commits to introducing at least one new member benefit per month and launches today with several new offerings from selected partners. These include:
- discounts on reef, a mobile app that allows employees to work from hospitality spaces across the UK, by themselves or with colleagues/friends, rather than from home, to improve their wellbeing when working either remotely or hybrid.
- discounts and free training for Page Tiger, the platform that helps create impressive, interactive documents to educate and engage workforce and new hires.
- discounts on Kogan Page books from the L&D library
- discounts on selected Dell hardware
- further discounts for learning technologies, masterclasses, courses, personal health and well-being will be added in the coming months.
- Member dashboard: a secure webpage where LPI members can easily edit their personal and business information, interests, and view membership status. The dashboard also allows for management of their payment card details, subscription status and invoices.
- Events management service: LPI members will get access to the LPI's highly experienced events team for services such as sourcing venues and speakers, managing on-site tech and delegate registration, sustainability consulting, and other benefits.
- Price freeze: LPI membership fees have remained the same for the past 9 years. Recognising the current economic climate, the LPI pledges to keep its subscription fees frozen at their current levels until at least April 2023.
Further benefit partnerships that focus on wellbeing, professional development, and cost-saving will be announced in the coming months.
In addition, the LPI pledges to donate 10% of all new membership fees to the Trussell Trust, a charity that works to stop UK hunger and poverty.
Michael Strawbridge, Global Head of Community, LPI said, "The refreshed membership offering is a symbol of what the LPI stands for: to help people working in the L&D profession adapt and thrive in an ever-changing world. It's a response to real insights about our members, and society. And it's a commitment to the experiences we will deliver in the future as we build the global community for workplace learning."
More information on LPI membership and how to join can be found at: