The Learning & Performance Institute (LPI) is excited to announce the launch of a new social network for learning professionals. The Learning Professional Network or simply, LPN, will replace the previous thetrainingprofessionalnetwork.com with a more updated style, fully responsive for modern browsers and mobile devices.
Open to the public and completely free to join, the LPN gives L&D practitioners a platform to engage and collaborate with the worldwide L&D community. Among its features and benefits, the LPN offers users the ability to:
- Read and post original and curated articles, white papers and reports
- Comment on and "Like" posts
- Join and create public and private groups
- Search for and connect with other members
- Use a unique "crowd-solving" feature designed so other L&D professionals can help with a particular challenge or problem
- Browse listings of local and regional events
- Read featured and recommended blogs and links
- Post protected content (available only to LPI Members)
The network can accept uploads of L&D-related multimedia alongside regular posts, such as PDFs, podcasts, videos, and presentation sessions from conferences and other events. The site will also get regular updates and new features when needed or requested by the community.
Michael Strawbridge, Head of Member Services, LPI, said "The Learning Professional Network gives anyone in the L&D industry a central place to engage with their peers, read and post relevant industry content. Although L&D professionals can exchange information on existing networks such as Twitter and LinkedIn, these channels can sometimes be overwhelmed with low-quality material and self-promotion. The LPN offers an alternative platform where users can easily access quality articles and commentary from the industry's thought-leaders and practitioners."
The LPN is free to register at: http://learningprofessionalnetwork.com.