PC Passport for beginners is one of The Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) premier ICT qualifications and is perfect for those candidates who want to learn how to use computers, or to improve their existing knowledge. With a new look and courseware to suit the technology that we engage with in every day life, this course inspires and engages the learner.
The beginners course is split into 3 modules:
- Introduction to IT Systems
- Introduction to the Internet and Online Communications
- Introduction to IT Software and Presenting Information
These bite-sized modules offer learners the opportunity to address a number of topics including:
- Identify key components, terms and issues associated with the use of on-line communications
- Locate information using basic Internet/intranet facilities
- Use e-mail and on-line forms to communicate electronically
- Identify features and uses of different types of computer systems and peripherals.
- Identify potential risks, and solutions, associated with using computer systems
- Carry out a range of tasks using computer system software
- Identify basic functions/uses of computer software application packages
- Identify features of data and information
- Use basic functions of computer software application packages
- Produce solutions to specified tasks using software application packages
The online learning system has been developed to provide easy access to materials and learners can work through the materials in a manner that fits with their preferred learning style.
The materials have been broken down into categories for ease of searching. Some of the online materials include interactive resources such as quizzes, videos, audio, drag and drop activities and online forms.
With a modern look and feel these materials offer many additional benefits such as:
- Online assessments with immediate feedback
- All tasks have watch, try and then attempt the task features
- Automatic sign-in
- Electronic portfolio for course work
- Clear and concise content
- Independent learning
- Testing of knowledge and understanding with tailored feedback
eCom has completely revamped the look and feel of the course and added in many new features, tailored to meet the needs of the various target audiences, such as school pupils, college students, pre-university students unemployed people, professionals and retired individuals.
The qualification may attract ILA funding for candidates meeting the criteria, making it a quick win for your organisation to generate additional income.
Pricing is dependent on the number of users. To find out more email [email protected]