The MASIE Center will host two new Learning LABs at its state-of-the-art Learning Center in Saratoga Springs in 2019: The Curation & Learning LAB (January 29-31, 2019) and the Learning Innovations LAB (February 27-March 1, 2019).
According to Elliott Masie, Host & Curator, “2019 Will be a Year of Learning Changes! Learners are Changing! Learning Technologies are Changing! Learning Habits & Formats are Changing! Learning Data Analytics Will Change our Processes! And, Innovations in Technology, EdTech, Machine Learning, AI, Immersive Video, and Responsive Systems are Bursting onto the Learning Radar Screen!”
Masie will launch the Learning Innovations LAB on February 27 to analyze, discuss, and explore these changes.
The Learning Innovations LAB will be an INTENSIVE experience. Participants will experiment, play with, evaluate, benchmark, research, and push to “failure” a wide range of learning innovations. Some are just emerging, and others are already in the marketplace. The group will also explore learning design and User Experience innovations. And, there will be live video interviews with Chief Learning Officers from major companies as well as dialogues with technology engineers over the course of 2 ½ days together in The MASIE Center’s unique 10,000 square foot Learning LAB in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Learning Innovations LAB participants will explore:
- Learning “Apps” for Continuous Curation
- Learning Personalization
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality & Immersive Media
- The Mobile Device and Learning – What’s Next
- Learning Data Analytics – Dashboards for Learners & Performance
- Gamification & Engagement Updates for 2019
- Video: Fast, Short, Targeted, User-Created, Open, Digital Studios
- Wearables & Performance Support Technologies
- Learning Systems Examined or “Deleted” – LMS, LCMS, xAPI, Experience Systems
- Webinars – Change is Desperately Needed
- "Recommendation" Systems
- New Skills for Learning Professionals in 2019
- Machine Learning & AI: Reality, Hype, Examples
- Collaborative & Social Learning Technology
- “Maker Model” of Creating Agile Learning Solutions In-House
- Learn-A-Thon for New Learning Solutions (Apps & More)
- Brain Science Experiments & Innovations
- The Connected Classroom – Labs & Projects
- Authoring – Revised & Crowdsourced
- Smart Speakers – Alexa, Google, Facebook, and Siri in the Workplace
- Learning Tools, Apps & Resources
- Robotics, Auto Driving Cars, Cognitive Science & More
- Emerging Technologies from Consumer Electronics Show 2019
- Learning in the Gig Economy and Shorter Career Paths
Elliott Masie will facilitate this INTENSIVE LAB experience for a small group of participants in this vendor-neutral program that will mix:
- Hands-On Work & Exploration with Learning Innovations
- Models & Hurdles for Leveraging Innovations
- Video Visits with Field Experts & Working Examples
- Experiments & Assignments to Experience & Apply
- “Take Home” Resources & Assets to Share with Colleagues
Also in early 2019, Masie will host the popular Curation & Learning LAB:
Curation is Key for Workplace Learning in an Age of Dynamic and Expanding Content, Context, and Collaboration!
This hands-on LAB, laser-focused on Curation & Learning for the Workplace, will take place January 29 - 31, 2019 in Saratoga Springs, NY.
Elliott Masie will lead a small group of Learning colleagues who will explore how Curation will impact Learners, Learning Professionals, Learning Design, and Learning Technologies in a 2 ½ day intensive exploration and lab experience.
Curation is about optimizing the time, focus, and efforts of both learners and employers as digital content grows. Curation is a key, strategic, and evolving opportunity and challenge for the Learning & Development field. Curation is the process of finding, sorting, organizing, rating, ranking, recommending, validating, clearing, tracking, and personalizing learning resources.
As content, context, and collaboration for learning expands, your employees are facing a wider Learning Panorama. I am deeply excited to bring together a small group of learning colleagues from around the world – at all levels of experience – exploring, experimenting, assessing, and deploying a range of curation strategies. This is a LAB where we will experiment collaboratively.
Curation & Learning LAB topics will include:
- Optimizing Content for the Workforce & Workplace
- Who Curates? Learners, Designers, or External Forces?
- Building a Recommendation System for Curation
- "Truth Testing" & "Appropriateness Screening"
- Curation for Transfer: Learning at the Moment of Need
- Machine Learning & AI for Curation: The Future?
- Building a Curation Taxonomy: Tags, Keys & Sorts
- Curation Goals: Targeting, Transparency & Optimizing
- Mapping Curation to Current Design Models (e.g. ADDIE)
- Curation for Global and Diverse Workforces
- Curiosity-Based Curation: Siri, Alexa & More
- Emerging Curation Tech & Methodologies
Registration is now open for the MASIE Center LABs in Saratoga Springs, NY!
Curation & Learning LAB: January 29-31, 2019
Learning Innovations LAB: February 27 - March 1, 2019
Please go to www.masie.com for Registration and Information.