Most of us probably have a pile of Learning & Development books that we have yet to read, but have every intention to get to...one day. Learning 2019 is inviting learning professionals to tackle one and gather with fellow learning professionals to discuss how to use the learnings when back at work.
Along with colleagues at the ATD Bookstore, Learning 2019 has selected 6 books it feels every Learning Professional should read. With the help of the learning community the team will select two of these to discuss at Learning 2019.
Two of these books will be selected to discuss in the Book Club at Learning 2019:
- Confessions of a Corporate Trainer by Jonathan Halls
- Millennials, Goldfish & Other Training Misconceptions by Clark Quinn
- How We Learn: The Surprising Truth About When, Where, and Why It Happens by Benedict Carey
- Leaders Don’t Command by Jorge Cuervo
- The Art and Science of Training by Elaine Biech
- Digital You by William Arruda
Once the two books have been selected, the team will provide more details about the Book Club and how people can participate.
The Learning 2019 Book Club will be facilitated by Mandi Christensen, Training Manager at Chewy (and former 30 Under 30 Member), with the support of the ATD Bookstore, which will have additional copies of the selected books available for purchase on site.
Note that while only attendees of Learning 2019 will be able to participate in the Book Club, everyone is welcome to vote for their two choices. Voting is available on the Learning 2019 Book Club voting page.