Weise’s research focuses on the future of the workforce and how to connect learners more directly to meaningful employment pathways throughout their working lives. She is a senior adviser to Entangled Solutions and serves on the Commission on Digital Innovation and Lifelong Learning for Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, the Commission on the Future of Higher Education for the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the education advisory board for Village Capital.
Before joining Strada, she designed and led the Sandbox ColLABorative, the innovation lab of Southern New Hampshire University. Earlier in her career, Weise was the senior research fellow in higher education at the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation, vice president of academic affairs at Fidelis Education, and taught at Skidmore College and Stanford University.
Her book, Hire Education: Mastery, Modularization, and the Workforce Revolution, co-authored with Christensen, describes the disruptive potential of online competency-based education aligned to workforce needs. Weise’s commentaries and research have been featured in The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Bloomberg Businessweek, The Boston Globe, Inside HigherEd, The Chronicle of Higher Education, and PBS Newshour.
She is a former Fulbright Scholar and graduate of Harvard University and Stanford University.
Join Michelle at Learning 2019 October 27 - 30 at Disney's Coronado Springs in Orlando, FL and other keynote speakers such as:
- Richard Culatta, CEO of the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Dr Sanjay Gupta, Emmy award winning Chief Medical Correspondent for CNN
- Karl Kapp, Bloomsburg University
- Elliott Masie, Learning Event Founder, Chair of the Learning CONSORTIUM
- Bob Mosher, CEO/Chief Learning Evangelist, APPLY Synergies & Co-Founder of the 5 Moments of Need Methodology, APPLY Synergies
- Nigel Paine, Nigel Paine Managing Director nigelpaine.com Ltd., Nigelpaine.com ltd
- Lindsey Pollak, The Remix: How to Lead and Succeed in the Multigenerational Workplace
- Donald H Taylor, Learning Technologies Chair
Visit the Learning 2019 website to register your place and join thousands of your peers in gaining new insights, perspectives, best practices, difficult challenges, and emerging innovations in the world of Learning at the Workplace.